These booking conditions are between the property owner and the holidaymaker(s). References to 'you' and 'your' relate to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party. Any booking is subject to the conditions below which form the basis of your contract with us, so please read them carefully. Nothing in these conditions affects your normal statutory rights. See 'contacts and bookings' for how to initiate a booking and make a payment.
Please note the property is strictly 'no smoking'.
BOOKINGS - before making a booking you must email or 'phone us to confirm availability. We will email to confirm acceptance of your booking.
A direct booking will normally be held for 7 days from date of inquiry. During this time we should receive the 25% deposit. We reserve the right to re-let the property if this condition is not met. An email will be sent again to confirm receipt of the deposit.
An indirect booking through our agencies follows their terms of booking.
Direct Booking:- Payment of the balance is due 8 weeks prior to the date of arrival and an invoice will be sent to remind you.
If you fail to make this payment to us in full and on time, we may treat your booking as cancelled by you.
We will email again to confirm receipt of the balance and give you details re. key collection.
BOOKINGS MADE WITHIN 8 WEEKS
Full payment is required at time of booking.
CANCELLATION AND CHARGES
If you cancel or amend your booking this will not take effect until we receive confirmation in writing or by email. You should do this as soon as possible. Please note that disinclination to travel does not qualify as a valid reason to cancel. No reimbursement will be paid for curtailment of your holiday. The following cancellation policy applies to the booking.
Guests cancelling up to 8 weeks before the start of the holiday will receive a refund of 50% of the balance payment. Guests cancelling up to 4 weeks will receive a refund of 25% of the balance payment. In the case of a split payment the Booking Deposit is always non-refundable.
If we cancel or amend your booking
We would not expect to make any changes to your booking but if problems occur which are beyond our control, e.g. fire/flood/damage, we may have to make alterations, or very occasionally, cancel bookings. If this does happen we will contact you as soon as possible. If we cancel your booking we will refund any fees you have already paid us. However we will not be liable to refund any fees you may have paid to a third party in connection with your holiday - including (without limitation) fees for travel, entertainment, activities or insurance.
- You can arrive at the property after 4pm on the arrival date and must leave by 10.30am on the departure date.
- You agree to comply with all regulations specified by us and ensure that they are observed by all members of your party.
- You agree to keep the property and furnishings, including items such as kitchen equipment, crockery and glasses clean and in good condition. Breakages should be replaced with a similar product.
- You agree not to cause any damage or do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us, or a neighbour. Damage or breakdowns must be reported to us as soon as possible in order that they may be rectified promptly. Please note all beds are fitted with mattress protectors for hygiene reasons but in the event of an accident resulting in a soiled mattress, we will charge you for a replacement.
- You cannot allow more than 7 people (plus a baby in a cot) to sleep in the property, nor can you significantly change the make-up of your party during your stay.
- You cannot take a pet into the property unless agreed with the owners in writing beforehand. If you do so we may ask you to leave. We will treat it as a cancellation of the booking by you and will be under no obligation to refund any fees paid to us
- You agree to allow us (or our representative) access to the property at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs or in an emergency.
WiFi is free of charge & we subscribe to unlimited downloads. However, very heavy usage of the internet may fall foul of our provider's 'fair usage' policy and they could slow your connection down.
- You agree to abide by the fair usage policy above
- You agree to use the internet responsibly and not to access illegal or offensive websites. Parents are responsible for supervising their children's use of the internet.
- Details of how to connect to the internet are provided in the cottage.
All beds will be made up for your arrival. Towels sets are provided per person booked. There is no charge for towels and bed linen.
It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve difficulties properly unless we are notified promptly. Therefore, complaints must be registered with us whilst you are in residence.
Our maximum liability for losses you suffer as a result of us acting in breach of these terms and conditions is strictly limited to the total fees you have paid for the booking. We shall not be liable to you for any personal injury or damage to or loss of personal property except where the injury, damage or loss is caused by our negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or limit, or attempt to exclude or limit, our liability. The contract between you and us is governed by the law of England and Wales and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issue which arises between us will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales.
You may not transfer your booking or any rights and responsibilities under these booking conditions to any other person, without our written consent. These booking conditions, together with any quote, the cancellation policy and our confirmation email contain the entire agreement between us and you relating to the booking and supersedes any previous agreements/arrangements/discussions.